Watch Weekly Sessions
Classes will be live weekly starting Wednesday, April 15 at 4 PM EST; however, you can always access the class recording if you can’t make the live class.
Join the Group Discussions
Share your new skills, and extend your learning by joining live discussions with your instructors and classmates each Thursday at 4 PM EDT.
Use Your iPhone with Confidence
Enjoy being productive and effective with your iPhone and connecting with your loved ones from home through video calls and messaging.
Social distancing doesn’t mean you have to be disconnected from your friends and family. Our iPhones are valuable tools for communication that can help us stay in touch with loved ones while we’re all confined to our homes. That’s why we are launching “Staying Connected from Home—a Live Online Course on Social Distancing with Your iPhone.”
In this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know to stay connected and productive from the comfort of your home. With lessons on video calls, group messaging, working remotely, and more, this curriculum will help you not just get through this period, but enjoy it!
Donna Cleveland is the Editor in Chief of iPhone Life. In her 6+ years at the company, she has produced over 15 in-depth guides and 20 issues of iPhone Life magazine, along with countless articles, podcasts, and blog posts. Donna began her career as a newspaper reporter, before joining the iPhone Life team where she pairs her penchant for storytelling with her love of Apple products. Donna holds a masters degree from the University of Iowa School of Journalism & Mass Communication. She also hosts a feminist podcast, Thread the Needle.
Cullen Thomas is a Writer and Producer at iPhone Life, creating tips and guides to help users unlock the full potential of their iOS and iPhone. Cullen spent nine years as an instructor in media and communications at Maharishi University, lecturing on a wide range of technical and artistic subjects, from detailed seminars on camera design to point by point how-tos on managing a film crew. Cullen is a film-maker, a game designer, a sci-fi author, a coffee connoisseur, and an obsessive nerd for all things tech.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Course Experience
- Course Goals: What to Expect
- Using the Exclusive Facebook Group
- Zoom tutorial by iPhone Life
- Course Materials for Lesson 1
- Basics of Staying Connected at Home
- FaceTime Tutorial
- Messages: Group Text Messaging Tips & Tricks
- Lesson 1 Debriefing - Q&A, Troubleshooting, and Group Assignment Check In
- Bonus Discussion: TV and Film recommendations
- Course Materials for Lesson 2
- Video Chat Apps: Which Is Best?
- Zoom: King of Video Chat?
- Sanitizing Your iPhone: Dos and Don'ts
- Lesson 2 Debriefing: Q&A, Troubleshooting, and Group Assignment Check In
- Course Materials for Lesson 3
- Utilizing Apple's Built-in Tools: Staying on the Ball with Notes, Reminders & Calendar
- Collaboration-Oriented Messaging Apps
- Tools to Track Goals, Visualize Tasks & More
- Apps for Maintaining Healthy Habits
- Lesson 3 Debriefing: Q&A, Troubleshooting, and Group Assignment Check In
- Lesson 4 Course Materials
- Virtual Tours: Google Art Project & Street View
- Virtual Book Clubs: A Book Opens a Thousand Doors
- Cooking Aids: Recipes and More
- Lesson 4 Debriefing: Q&A, Troubleshooting, and Group Assignment Check In
How do I attend classes?
All classes are streamed online. You can attend live classes via ANY computer, iPhone, or iPad. Our recommendation is that you use a computer or iPad to attend the class so that you can have your iPhone available to follow our step-by-step instructions.
What if I can't attend a live class?
Replays of each class will be available to watch at any time at your convenience. If you have questions while watching the replay, you can email your course instructors or ask your classmates in the class Facebook group.
What if I get confused by the course content?
If there is an area of the course materials that confuses you, you can email any questions and we will help you. You can also ask your classmates in your exclusive class Facebook group. We also offer a Personal Tutor VIP option if you would like additional one-on-one time with your instructors. With this plan you get two 20-minute one-on-one tutoring sessions with an instructor after class.
How is this different than an Insider Guide?
Our courses provide a more thorough and comprehensive. Our instructors will guide you step-by-step through the course materials.
How long will I have access to the course content?
All course materials are available to you for one year. Feel free to go back and rewatch replays of the classes or download course materials at any time.
What sets iPhone Life apart from other sources of information?
We’ve been helping people learn to use mobile technology for the past 30 years. We help millions of people every month and are a trusted source of reliable, easy-to-follow content.
Is it really free?
Yes. It is completely free.
Keep up the good work!
Karen C, Port Angeles Washington
Great iPhone class.
Thank you so much!
FreeStaying Connected from Home - Live CourseIncludes 4 live online classes, 4 live group discussions, unlimited access to recordings of each session for one year, and downloadable PDFs.